Baking and making my way to perfection..my life as a kitchen..and me as its master chef...I boil, deep fry and bake my way in my way :)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

lets get started

I had and still have an uncheckable liking for "ghar ka simple khana"..by birth I am Bangali,and am proud to be one..though I have traveled a lot across India and have eaten and have tried to learn many of their ghar ka khanas..but I can proudly raise my voice and scream that the simplest and the most delicious ghar ka khana are those of the Bengalis..they are simple to make,easy to digest and have a great variety of tastes..with loads of variety of vegetables,fishes and spices bengali 'Ranna'(bengali for cooking) is something different .

And this recipe is one of the simplest Bengali curry,for those who like eating bong specialties,and for those like many of my friends who have less time to cook..

JHINGE POSTO WITH BESON BORA 

What we need:-

Jhinge (ridge gourd)
besan (gram flour)
poppy seeds
red chilli powder
onions
green chillies
mustard oil
salt to taste
water


Procedure:-
First we need to prepare the pakoras(bora in bengali)..take 1 cup besan, salt ,chilli powder and put some water to make it a smooth batter. Then heat some oil in a kadhai and fry the pakoras out of the batter and keep them aside..Then chop the ridge gourd and fry them in mustard oil along with 1chopped onion and green chillies. When fried put 3-4 tbls of poppy seed paste and add i cup water to it and bring it to boil..add salt to taste..Then add the fried pakoras to the rest of the preparation and cook till the water disappears..serve hot with plain rice.

1 comment:

  1. ei bar eshe banabo dara.. r parle next time aunty'r alu bhonda'r recipe chae

    ReplyDelete